One of my expectations as I begin 2017 is the hope of envisioning a new Africa. Currently, so many social, political, economical and spiritual problems trapps millions in darkness. My own relatives in Ethiopia are not experiencing the fullness their new lives in Christ because of many traditions and rituals. My heart is heavy to see transformation in Africa. Not just social, economical or political growth, which is urgently needed, but most importantly, spiritual transformation. This will set a foundation for everything else to follow. And the ultimate solution is the gospel of Jesus Christ. That’s why I am so excited about Cru events, like Pamoja Africa, where we had extended time envisioning and equipping 2,649 young and church leaders to help in the transformation of Africa.
The word Pamoja is derived from the Swahili word meaning “togetherness”. Pamoja Africa is a vision and a movement. A movement that will build a network of Africans who are continuously engaged in connecting with each other through business, political, social and religious platforms to make a difference for the Lord.
Here is a short summary of the Pamoja Africa Conference I served in Lusaka, Zambia in early January.
Total number participants: 2,649, from 30 countries.
The following commitments were made at the PAMOJA Conference:
1. Number of participants who indicated commitment to serve full-time with our ministry = 211
2. Number of participants who indicated commitment to serve with other ministries = 81
We also had a day of witnessing. The following are things that God did; worth celebrating!
1. Total number of people who indicated decisions for Christ = 600
2. Total number of people who recommitted their lives to Christ = 188
3. Total number of people who wanted to join Bible study groups = 143
4. Total number of people who wanted to join a church = 327
5. Total number of Christians who were challenged to share Christ with others = 1,116
I also had an opportunity to teach and spend time with digital strategy leaders in Africa. I was able to travel to the Pamoja conference because of your prayers and financial support. Thank you so much for your commitment.
Miheret T. Eshete