Let me first start from the past. God at work from satellite to apps.
In 1985, Dr. Bill Bright, founder of our ministry, had the vision to bring 30,000 students from all over the world to one place for an intensive evangelism training week to help fulfill the Great Commission. It became Explo 85. Bailey Marks, pictured with me, was assigned to bring the 30,000 students to the US for this mega training. The logistics, visa process, and air transportation with a budget of $60 Million was an overwhelming task.
The late Dr. Bill Bright and Bailey Marks and their team took the challenge to the Lord in prayer. While praying, Bailey Marks heard the word ‘Satellite’ which he had no clue at that time what it meant. He investigated and it took him a while to get the right person who knew how satellites worked. There was no Internet to Google and get instant results at that time. ?
The voice Bailey Marks heard from the Lord changed the outcome of the Explo 85 campaign. God changed the plan of bringing 30,000 students to one place, into more than 300,000 participants in 98 locations world wide (with a $ 6 Million total budget) by using Satellite technology. God is Amazing!
Today God is still using technology and countless digital platforms and Internet services for His glory. Just in 2015, we saw a total of 35.5 million users interacting with our 7 different digital platforms we have in Cru.
As in Bailey Marks’ story from the past, God is also doing amazing things in our movement with apps and websites. Check out these five life changing mobile apps developed by our digital strategy team.
1. GodTools: The God Tools app provides a clear, concise and easy way to present the gospel and offers the opportunity to receive Christ in over 58 languages.
2. Voke: Voke is a video-sharing app that uses short videos to help you start spiritual conversations with your friends. Get Voke and share what matters.
3. Jesus Film: The Jesus Film Media app allows you to share a variety of films about Jesus, both in person and online, in over 1,500 languages.
4. MissionHub: MissionHub is an app that is designed to help you organize, track and grow the relationships you have with others.
5. EveryStudent.com App: The Every Student app helps you answer real questions about life and faith from anyone God brings your way and shows them reasons to begin a relationship with God.
What are your favorite apps you use to share the gospel with others? I love to hear from you.
Comments are closed.
Miheret T. Eshete